Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Update!

So, what has happened since my last post.  This is going to be a long one.

Owen started Kindergarten August 22nd.  I didn't think I would be as sad as I was but it was really hard that first day when he was gone ALL DAY.  Stella and I sure did miss him and we still do everyday.  But he is soaking up all that knowledge and making his daddy and I so proud.

We went home in September for Greg (Shaun's best man at our wedding) and Heather's wedding and for cutey putooty Nicholas' baptism. 

 So cute, aren't they.  Awesome reception.  They had a photo booth which was the best idea ever.

Poor Nicholas was not too happy about holy water being poured on his head.  But he was a trooper through the rest of it.

 My little girl pirate

And my big boy pirate.


Then October.
Owen had crazy hair day at school and of course he wanted a Mohawk.  I think it only lasted a few hours but at least it worked for a while.  This boy has a ton of hair like his momma.

 And my little cowgirl.  She loves taking over big brother's things.

And of course Halloween
She saw the palm tree in our yard. 
For those of you who did not see this on Facebook.  Play-by-play of Stella's thought process.


And just some Kiddo updates.

Owen is adding and subtracting like crazy and he is all over reading and spelling.  He read his first whole book to us the other day.  He loves writing notes to us that usually say: 

"Dear (Mommy/Daddy/Stella), 
We love (or luve) you (or yuo).
Owen"

There not always perfect but we love them and I keep every single one of them.
And of course there's his art.  He's so creative and loves to draw, usually something to do with pirates or skulls, but they are wonderful.

Then we have little miss Stella, or should I say Honey Badger * (please refer to video below), because she is the most fearless animal that ever existed.  
  • She goes through the house dragging things around to make sure every room has stuff all over the floor.  
  • She likes to climb on the kitchen table and the computer desk (along with anything else that is dangerous).  
  • She likes to play in the toilet (YUCK!).  
  • She loves getting puppy kisses on the mouth by Jojo (YUCK! again).  When she gets mad she throws things.  
  • When we're in the grocery store she likes to grab whatever she can out of the cart and through it on the floor, while she is saying hi to everyone that walks by.  She says it until they are out of her sight (hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, etc.)  It's very awkward for me and I'm sure the people she won't stop saying hi to.  But it's so dang cute at the same time.
  • And you better watch out if you don't give her what she wants when she wants it.

I love my little diva but I'm afraid of the teen years.

Oh, and we could also refer to her as a beaver because she has been gnawing on her bed.  Through the paint, down to the bare wood.  Here are the honey badger videos:

*

And the uncensored version.  WARNING: crude language but it is so hilarious because Stella really doesn't give a s*#t.  Shaun is the first to discover the connection between Stella and the Honey Badger.


On another note she is talking up a storm.  Words she says:
daddy (her first), O (for Owen), hi, bye, cow, eye, more, papa, dog, Jojo, quack (she says quack for every bird not just ducks), and I think we're getting close to mommy.

And she loves when you read to her.  It so sweet to be able to read to her at bedtime now.  She loves her stories.


No comments: